Your heating system may need to be repaired if you notice the following:
- Uneven or inadequate heating throughout the home
- Strange noises or odors coming from the unit
- Constant cycling on and off
- Higher than usual energy bills
- Poor indoor air quality
- A discolored pilot light (for furnaces that have them)
The age of your heating equipment can also tell you whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. Most furnaces, for example, are only designed to last 15 years or so. Replacing an old furnace with a new high-efficiency heating system can cut down your repair bills and offset the initial costs with substantial energy savings.